Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Liam] GM Application

+3
Alan
Hailey
Liam
7 posters

Go down

[Liam] GM Application Empty [Liam] GM Application

Post by Liam Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 am

Hello, Doodlers!

Name:
Liam. I don't know why you'd need my last name, stalkers.

In-Game Name:
Liam.

I was born November 7th, 1994. I'm 16 years old.

I live in Northern Virginia, which is really close to Washington, DC.

Timezone:
Eastern Time Zone.

Position being applied for:
Highest position available.

Experience:
I was(and still am) a GM in DoodleStory for a week or two and know the server pretty well now as well as the commands. Also, once in a small server, but not going to bother explaining it without any proof.

Tell us about yourself:
I am Turkish/German. I'm a crazy person but I know when to buckle down and get serious. You'll see both sides of me very often. I'm outgoing and love to make people laugh. I'm not shy to do or say anything that I need to/want to say. I like taking charge and being a leader. I LOVE going/throwing/being at parties. I'm a very wild person, just ask Juanbby c;<3. I love joking around with my friends. I feel awkward when people aren't having fun/bored and I try my hardest to make sure everyone's having fun. I'm responsible and make sure I do what I say I will do. I take pride in my work and take responsibility in my faults. I'm a very organized person. I have many, many folders in my computer with different, specific files in each one.

I'm a fair person, if my best friend was being accused of hacking and there was proof, I would ban him/her. No questions asked. I'm not saying I'm not a backstabbing whoar, I just don't think relationships should be an influence if someone was to break the rule. Everyone should be treated fairly. I have been playing Maplestory for a very long time. I played GMS for about 3 years in total. I knew everywhere inside out. I knew Monster names, levels, what they dropped, where to find them, map names, what monsters were in what maps, etc.

Eventually I took about a three month break and went to private servers. I've been playing private servers for maybe about 2+ years now. I know Doodlestory well now. I'm a very friendly person and I'll talk to anybody and not have problems with them. You won't see me get into arguements with anybody unless I'm joking or if the situation actually calls for it. Like I said, I have my serious side when I need it and I'm always using it. and being helpful. However, when the time is appropriate I have my funny side. I love helping people. Helping others is something I strive for. Not only does it benefit the one that I'm helping, but it makes me feel better about myself as well.

It's a good feeling you get when someone says "Thank you" after you just helped them. I try to type using the best possible grammar and spelling. I do make mistakes sometimes however, like all humans. I'm an intelligent person and always try my best to do my best in school. I can speak Fluent English, Turkish, and Spanish. I'm on very frequently, and usually for long periods of time. I can usually be on whenever needed and for however long.

Contact Information:
itsLiam94@hotmail.com. You can contact me there, I can give my phone number also.

In your opinion, what is the ideal GM?
An ideal GM is someone who's close with the community. They should be friends with everyone in it. Being close to the community will let them be able to trust you more and just be liked more. A GM should also have a serious side. They can't be joking 24/7. There's times where you have to be serious and if you can't be serious then you can't be taken seriously. They have to be fair and honest. They also shouldn't be a shy person. You have to be outgoing and be able to be a leader. The ideal GM should know the server well and how to work it. Not only should they be able to help with in-game problems, but also in-real life problems. Sometimes people need someone to talk to about something in real life, like parents splitting, and a GM should be able to be there for them. They have to be online as much as they can. Being online to help others should be a priority. Their job should be taken seriously. It's a responsibility, not a luxury. Of course, they should be smart. !f ur gunn@ tip lyk di$, then people will have a hard time understanding you. Even if it takes them a little extra time getting the grammar and spelling perfect, then so be it. It'll be better than typing as fast as you can with a lot of errors. They should be organized and able to find anything when they need to. If you're given information about the server, for example like a login and password for the VPS, then you should keep it somewhere safe and somewhere you'd be able to find it.

How are you unique?
Everybody is unique. Nobody is the same. I can change my attitude easily in any enviroment. If I need to be serious, funny, crazy, quiet, loud, a leader, etc. then I will be it. I'm a nice person and will get along easily with anyone. I'm really dedicated to helping others. I think that's unique. Of course people like to help others, but I love to help others. It's almost like a hobby for me. Helping others and getting a "Thank You" is one of the greatest things ever. I try to help anyone with any problem they have, even if all I can do is comfort him/her. I try my hardest in everything. When I fail, I keep going. If I fail again, I'll try again. Once I finally get there and do what I wanted, it feels great to be able to say "I did it."

How do you think DoodleStory could improve?
Well this server is still in Beta, so there's lots of things that we could do to improve it. I've been telling Tamara all my ideas, I created a suggestion thread with a long list of suggestions that I edit daily to remove things that Tamara has added in and add things that should be implemented. I also posted in the Support thread all the bugs I could possibly find/report. I've been trying my best to make this server one of the best.

What do you think about the current GMs?
  • Tamara: I met her in (cough)Story when she told me that a girl was single and to go for her, lolol. After that we became bffls and played Transformice together. Honestly, you're a great owner. You do your best in everything. In (cough)Story, you were a troll and you've even told me you wish you could go back and just chill. Despite that feeling, you keep trying and code every night. Your imagination is amazing. The things you come up with and do to this server are going to make us the best. Of course, you do get other people to do things for you (coughjuancough). That's okay. You can't expect to do everything on your own, it's not easy. You're already doing your best and we love you for that. (oh, and just cause you told me to suck up) YOU SO BEAUTIFUL! You sooo smart! Lyk omg, I can't believe how you're so good at everything in life!

• Anh: Anh is an amazing person. He's the most chill person I've ever met. He does everything he can for this server to make it better. Your hard work is appreciated. Oh, and he gives me hearts<33333 LOVEYOUBBY<3.

• Eunsol: EUNSOL! She's a really chill person as well. She's very close to the community. She's very friendly..... unless she's making fun of me qq. She is probably the laziest person I've ever met. I'll ask her, "Eunsol, do you want to host an event." And she'll respond, "2 lzy." HAHA. I have high expectations for her and I see her doing great in the future.

• Aaron: Aaron... HOW THE HELL ARE YOU A GM? Just kiddding.<3. He's another one of my butt buddies. He's also close to the community. We usually go check for hackers, and he's always looking to bust one. Unless he's busting me c; Good job <3.

• Carolyn: Carooo. I'm so appreciative of you, Carolyn. You've been my friend since (cough)Story. She donates and is half the reason we can keep this server alive. On the other hand, she needs to learn how to type. She has lots of errors in her typings and it hard to follow. All in all, good job. c;

• Liam: Stud.

During what times of the day will you be online?
I'm on a lot and very active. I'm probably on from 2PM Eastern-6PM Eastern, then back on from 10PM Eastern-4AM Eastern. So that's about ten hours. However, since it's summer it varies. I can be on whenever I'm needed and for however long I'm needed for.

How long have you played DoodleStory?
About a week, maybe a little more.

How will you have a positive effect on the server?
I do everything to make sure this server is at its best. Whenever I can, I host events to let people have some fun. I'm going to try my hardest to make this server popular. I've told Tamara all my plans about getting this server to Number One! My imagination runs wild. I have lots of good ideas I could give to Tamara at any time. For example, I told her to make the currency The Girl's Next Door. I try to make the community a place for everyone to enjoy. I'll stop fights, help relationships, and keep the server in order. I want this server to be at its best at all times. I took advertising classes in High School and am actually very good at advertising. I can also make very good videos to advertise the server again.

Why did you apply?
I'm currently already a GM of Doodle and I want to continue what I'm doing.

What characteristics do you possess that make you a good GM?
I've listed all my characteristics in the 'Tell us about yourself' and the 'How are you unique' sections. Summary: I'm crazy and serious when needed, outgoing, not shy, a leader, a go-getter, wild, responsible, fair, organized, loyal, know Maplestory well, already know my way around being a Doodle GM, friendly, helpful, intelligent, trilingual, actice, mature, and everything else I've listed in this novel.

To prove you are human, when Littlefoot's mother died in the original `Land Before Time', did you feel sad?
There was a party after that Bitch died and I had the breast. Uh.... I cried so hard. I felt so sad, ohmygosh.

Anything else you'd like to add:
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Liam
Liam
GameMaster.

Back to top Go down

[Liam] GM Application Empty Re: [Liam] GM Application

Post by Hailey Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:04 am

YOUGOGURRRRL.
Hailey
Hailey
Lurkin' the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Liam Very Happy Great GM app besides all the lame spelling and grammar mistakes. Just kidding, they were minor flaws in comparison to your whole application. Anyways, I honestly enjoyed having you as a GM for this first week of Doodle. You're easy to reach and talk to ingame, and your events are always enjoyable. You're constantly dishing out help whenever it's needed, and I'm sure as this server expands, you'll continue to do so effectively. You deserved your position as a GM in the beginning of Doodle, and in my eyes, you deserve to keep your position. Good luck ^^
Alan
Alan
Royalty, bby♥.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 am

<3. Thanks Babe.
Liam
Liam
GameMaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikachu Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Liam: Womanizer.
Pikachu
Pikachu
Lurkin' the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Criticisms;

Tell us about yourself:
I am Turkish/German. I'm a crazy person but I know when to buckle down and get serious. You'll see both sides of me very often. I'm outgoing and love to make people laugh. I'm not shy to do or say anything that I need to/want to say. I like taking charge and being a leader. I LOVE going/throwing/being at parties. I'm a very wild person, just ask Juanbby c;<3. I love joking around with my friends. I feel awkward when people aren't having fun/bored and I try my hardest to make sure everyone's having fun. I'm responsible and make sure I do what I say I will do. I take pride in my work and take responsibility in my faults. I'm a very organized person. I have many, many folders in my computer with different, specific files in each one.
So if you're not shy to do or say anything, that means if someone in game was annoying you, you would tell them off? Okay, having many folders and specific files have nothing to do with being organized, but since you said it like that, I'm an organized person then and everyone else who have specific files within many folders.

I'm a fair person, if my best friend was being accused of hacking and there was proof, I would ban him/her. No questions asked. I'm not saying I'm not a backstabbing whoar, I just don't think relationships should be an influence if someone was to break the rule. Everyone should be treated fairly. I have been playing Maplestory for a very long time. I played GMS for about 3 years in total. I knew everywhere inside out. I knew Monster names, levels, what they dropped, where to find them, map names, what monsters were in what maps, etc.
What if it was your bestfriend in real life? What if it was your girlfriend in real life and you loved her like crazy?

Eventually I took about a three month break and went to private servers. I've been playing private servers for maybe about 2+ years now. I know Doodlestory well now. I'm a very friendly person and I'll talk to anybody and not have problems with them. You won't see me get into arguements with anybody unless I'm joking or if the situation actually calls for it. Like I said, I have my serious side when I need it and I'm always using it. and being helpful. However, when the time is appropriate I have my funny side. I love helping people. Helping others is something I strive for. Not only does it benefit the one that I'm helping, but it makes me feel better about myself as well.
So you would only get into arguments when you're joking or if the situation actually calls for it. Well then, this is a bad habit for a GM. If the situation actually calls for the argument, you're suppose to let it go or walk away. Having an argument with someone or whatever does not include seriousness and even though, you're 90% joking most of the time, but as I seen probably 100%.

In your opinion, what is the ideal GM?
An ideal GM is someone who's close with the community. They should be friends with everyone in it. Being close to the community will let them be able to trust you more and just be liked more. A GM should also have a serious side. They can't be joking 24/7. There's times where you have to be serious and if you can't be serious then you can't be taken seriously. They have to be fair and honest. They also shouldn't be a shy person. You have to be outgoing and be able to be a leader. The ideal GM should know the server well and how to work it. Not only should they be able to help with in-game problems, but also in-real life problems. Sometimes people need someone to talk to about something in real life, like parents splitting, and a GM should be able to be there for them. They have to be online as much as they can. Being online to help others should be a priority. Their job should be taken seriously. It's a responsibility, not a luxury. Of course, they should be smart. !f ur gunn@ tip lyk di$, then people will have a hard time understanding you. Even if it takes them a little extra time getting the grammar and spelling perfect, then so be it. It'll be better than typing as fast as you can with a lot of errors. They should be organized and able to find anything when they need to. If you're given information about the server, for example like a login and password for the VPS, then you should keep it somewhere safe and somewhere you'd be able to find it.
Being friends with everyone in the community doesn't have any affect towards a GM, it just means that, that person and you have a title as a "Friend". GMs can be joking 24/7 actually, there can be times where there are days where nothing particular is happening and you just want to spend times with your friends and joking around/goofing off is just the way to handle things around your friends. Plus, on top of that, you're usually doing that at the moment, or similar to that, you mostly joke around then be serious even though you can be serious when it comes down to it, but you still kind of do the 24/7 part. Shy person or not, if they get the job done then they're good as they are. Grammar isn't a big deal when it comes to typing, if people understand what you're saying then just type how you are typing, but if it comes to the point where NOBODY understands you, then that's when you need some help. Being smart have nothing to do with being a GM. Everyone is smart in their own way, so technically, everyone is smart. And you wish someone would give you the information for the VPS.

Why did you apply?
I'm currently already a GM of Doodle and I want to continue what I'm doing.
You're horrible at it. That's saying anything/doing anything you want without being shy.
David
David
GameMaster.

https://www.youtube.com/lazysproduction

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

David wrote:Criticisms;

So if you're not shy to do or say anything, that means if someone in game was annoying you, you would tell them off? Okay, having many folders and specific files have nothing to do with being organized, but since you said it like that, I'm an organized person then and everyone else who have specific files within many folders.

If I'm not shy to do anything, I don't mean that I'm not shy to be be a bitch. I mean that I'm not afriad to do something. If I had an idea that I really wanted to pitch to Tamara, I wouldn't be reluctant and think to myself, "Hmm.. I'm not sure if she'd like this..." Well, it kind of does have something with being organized. I could just put every single file I wanted into My Documents. Instead, I make folders inside of folder. For example, I have a MapleStory Folder, inside that I have a DoodleStory Folder, Inside that I have a Codes and ID Folder, Inside that I have a v62 or v83 Codes Folder, and inside that I have it organized by equips/jobs/mobs/maps.

David wrote:What if it was your bestfriend in real life? What if it was your girlfriend in real life and you loved her like crazy?

If it was my bestfriend in real life, then he/she should understand that I'm doing my job and he/she wasn't following the rules. Same goes for my girlfriend. If I love her that much and she loves me, she shouldn't have ruined her chances of us being together in the same server. Maybe I'd ask Tamara for them to get another chance, but if it's a no then it's a no.

David wrote:So you would only get into arguments when you're joking or if the situation actually calls for it. Well then, this is a bad habit for a GM. If the situation actually calls for the argument, you're suppose to let it go or walk away. Having an argument with someone or whatever does not include seriousness and even though, you're 90% joking most of the time, but as I seen probably 100%.

When the situation calls for it, I don't mean if someone is saying "All GMs are noobs!" or "Liam I hate you fuck you!!1!" I'm not going to yell at them. Also, when I say "arguement" I don't mean an actual screaming/yelling arguement. Another definition of an arguement is, "A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong" An arguement as in trying to tell somone what they're doing is wrong, and they'd probably be telling me what they're doing is right. I barely joking argue with people. When I do, it's something harmless like Eunsol does. When I'm joking around, I don't do so in a mean way.

David wrote:Being friends with everyone in the community doesn't have any affect towards a GM, it just means that, that person and you have a title as a "Friend". GMs can be joking 24/7 actually, there can be times where there are days where nothing particular is happening and you just want to spend times with your friends and joking around/goofing off is just the way to handle things around your friends. Plus, on top of that, you're usually doing that at the moment, or similar to that, you mostly joke around then be serious even though you can be serious when it comes down to it, but you still kind of do the 24/7 part. Shy person or not, if they get the job done then they're good as they are. Grammar isn't a big deal when it comes to typing, if people understand what you're saying then just type how you are typing, but if it comes to the point where NOBODY understands you, then that's when you need some help. Being smart have nothing to do with being a GM. Everyone is smart in their own way, so technically, everyone is smart. And you wish someone would give you the information for the VPS.

You should be be friends with people the community as a GM. When you get the title as being a "Friend" then you earn more of their trust. Of course, there are days when there's absolutely nothing happening. They can't be joking 24/7 means all the time. That means there's no point in their GM life where they're serious. There are going to be days where they have to be serious. I only joke around when I'm not doing my GM Job. When I host an event, I'm serious. When someone does something against the rules, I'm serious. When I'm looking for a hacker, I'm serious. When I'm giving out event prizes, I'm serious. When I'm helping someone out, I'm serious. When someone needs to talk to me about something important, I'm serious. I'm serious about 50% of my day as a GM and joke around 50% of my day as a GM as well. If a GM is shy then you're not going to be able to act as a leader. You're going to be reluctant to speak. If you're in an event map and everyone is talking, you might be reluctant to type !moderate and mute everyone cause you might think "Oh no, what if they get mad at me?" Of course, you don't have to be perfect with your commas, apostrophes, periods, etc. but you should type a little more professionally when you're doing your job. Everybody's unique in their own way. Like I said in my application already. Unique meaning looks, personality, intelligence, etc. But if someone just won a True or False event as first place, they picked to get item of choice, and you gave them 3 pet poops because you're not very good at math, then that's a problem. And I never said that, I used that as an example because I know someone from this server who had this problem.

David wrote:You're horrible at it. That's saying anything/doing anything you want without being shy.

Thanks. Of course that's saying/doing anything you want without being shy, but like I said that's not the way I meant it. Read above.
Liam
Liam
GameMaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewi Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I met her in (cough)Story when she told me that a girl was single and to go for her, lolol.
Oh god.
Dewi
Dewi
Lurkin' the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Pikachu wrote:Liam: Womanizer.

LOL

Kelly
Lurkin' the forum.

Back to top Go down