[GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Go down

[GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Stephy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Name:
Stephanie Chang

IGN:
Captain

Age:
15. 16 on the 18th of December

Location:
Los Angeles, California

Timezone:
Pacific Standard Time
GMT - 8

Position being applied for:
GM and “GFX GODDESS” (according to Tamara [or Tamara’s Boss <3])

Experience:
I was a GM in MusicStory sadly I don’t have a screenshot but the forum it still states that I was a GM but then I left and then it closed down. I can provide a screenshot of the forum profile of mine that says I’m a GM or you can go to the forum and look at the members list. OR there’s human proof like that Aussie, Joe and David.
http://musicstory.turtle-forum.com/forum
And that is pretty much the only experience I’ve had.

Tell us about yourself:
My name is Stephanie. I played Doodle last year and now back because it was well basically one of the servers I’ve actually had no problem with and enjoyed being on. My personality, well when you first meet me there’s a chance that I’d be the silent, quiet type but maybe I wouldn’t and I’d be how I would normally be. When you get to know me more I tend to become more of a jerk, jokingly. If I ever say anything mean or offensive know that I’m only joking. But then again, I don’t really do that unless it’s a friend or person I have gotten really close with.

Contact Info:
MSN: juststephy_@live.com
Email: StephanieisDumb@gmail.com
Aim: STEPHHseys
Skype: WTHsteph
YouTube: justSTEPHY

In your opinion, what is the ideal GM?
To me, an ideal GM would be someone who could easily communicate with others, help/support the server the best they can with all the knowledge about the server that they have. They’d be someone who’d treat all the players equally with respect. The ideal GM would be someone who is a good role model for others and someone who can maturely handle problems and enforce the rules with no exceptions of closer friends.

How are you unique?
In my own opinion of myself, I don’t see myself that much of a unique person but then again, nobody’s exactly the same as someone else. At times, I may act really idiotic, but when I’m really serious about something you’d be surprised at how much I know. (Or so I think) I don’t really consider myself as unique so there’s nothing else for me to say about this.

How do you think DoodleStory could improve?
It’s still the beginning, nothing I can say now until it’s finalized.

What do you think about the current GMs?
Tamara: She's the coolest owner I've ever met and probably the only one who's ever made me actually want to get to know them. This lady needs to stop sleeping in the early morning and actually get her sleep around the time people are suppose to sleep. I see her up at 4am telling me she's tired but she doesn't go to sleep.
Anh: Last year it felt awkward to talk to him (he's kind of intimidating) but now it's actually pretty easy once you actually try. He never puts on a facial expression but I hope that's different this year. Grammar-Nazi. But he's cool overall Very Happy
Eunsol: I like arguing with her over skype even though she makes me frustrated most of the time. She's a JERK, but its cool<3 One of the best GMs in my opinion (:
Liam: He's... strange. That's all I have to say.
Carolyn: She seems quiet to me or maybe it's just because I haven't had the time to get to know her but I hope I do soon.
Aaron: I was surprised he was a GM but I came to think that he's actually decent. Juliet, you are a fgt ;D

During what times of the day will you be online?
From when I wake up until I decide to sleep.

How long have you played DoodleStory?
Since it first opened a year ago.

How will you have a positive effect on the server?
Well, I could always help with banners to make it somewhat attractive to you know, attract people to play. And I can also make YouTube videos to advertise (even though I don’t make videos much anymore anyways but I can make an exception) and maybe get a couple of old friends to play. Also, in the mornings there may not be any GMs on and I'm pretty much online during those times so if there's anything suspicious I could go and check without being detected. As of right now the GMs are pretty active and there's always at least one GM on but in the future they might become less and less active. I know that may be me in the future too but I'm some what sure it won't. I usually have nothing to do during the day (so sad, no life qq) Yeah, I know most of these can be done without being a GM.

Why did you apply?
I’ve played DoodleStory ever since last summer and I really enjoyed my time playing the server and I would like to help other people think that too. After a year, things may not be the same as before but I’m sure that with Tamara as the owner still and Anh helping out it wouldn’t be so different and people would enjoy it as much as I did.

What characteristics do you possess that make you a good GM?
I guess I’m decent at communication; I don’t take sides so I’m not afraid to go against a friend if they’re wrong. I treat any person the same as I would treat a friend even if I don’t know them. I’m always willing to help if I know I can but if I’m not sure I’d always ask or at least try.

To prove you are human, when Littlefoot's mother died in the original `Land Before Time', did you feel sad?
To be honest, I remember watching every single Land Before Time movie as a kid, but I don’t remember anything from it and I don’t really like watching animated movies so I don’t think I’d ever re-watch it.

Anything else you'd like to add:
Hello Tamara, feel free to deny like you said you were going to 8D.
Nothing much to be added but, thanks for taking the time to read my GM application.


Last edited by Stephy on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stephy
GameMaster.

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : SGV.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/juststephy

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Liam on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 am

Short and to the point.
It seems that you didn't lie about anything and that's a really good trait. I like that you said, "and that's all the GM experience I've had." You admitted it. You didn't lie and say "I've had others but no proof." Your GFX seems nice judging by your Signature. Looks like you know what you're doing. I'll be able to tell how good you are at GFX even more once I see the Bannedstory Banner you're making Cool. You seem to know your way around Maplestory and all the commands, also. However, being a "silent/quiet" type to people isn't good. You need to be talkative and a leader when you're GM. You need to take charge. If you're silent/quiet then you won't be able to take charge easily. People might even take advantage of you if you're quiet. Being a jerk jokingly is fine, but remember to just not take it over the top. Not all people have a good sense of humor and will report you for being abusive to them. You need to treat the players nicely, unless they're breaking rules. When they break a rule you can't be your silent self. You need to talk more aggresively and make sure they don't do it again. Attracting people isn't all that's good in a sever. Of course we want to attract as many people as possible and make sure we're #1 and as popular as possible. However, we need to make sure the server itself is well-kept, too. Hackers need to be stopped, trollers need to be jailed, people need to be helped, and occasionally you need to entertain the people.

All in All,
Good luck!


Last edited by Liam on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Liam
GameMaster.

Posts : 68
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Playboy Mansion, ujellin`?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Carolyn on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:39 am

Nice! I agree with liam you state everything needed and you dont need to make up excuses to make you look better.Ive talked with you some times and you seem really kind,smart and I think in my oppinion youll make an excellent position in the Team!You are already familar with the server so thats a good thing and you know alot of the people that play so therfore I know youll be great!Good luck.<3



~Carolyn
avatar
Carolyn
GameMaster.

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : I shouldnt tell you LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by David on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 am

Trollers don't get jailed. When there are trollers, we troll with them. :c

__________________

IGN: David
MSN: idoitdavid@live.com
Skype: MisterRapist
Yotube: Lazysproduction
Facebook: DavidDinoRawr

avatar
David
GameMaster.

Posts : 146
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 24
Location : Behind you.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/lazysproduction

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Stephy on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:19 am

Liam wrote:Short and to the point.
It seems that you didn't lie about anything and that's a really good trait. I like that you said, "and that's all the GM experience I've had." You admitted it. You didn't lie and say "I've had others but no proof." Your GFX seems nice judging by your Signature. Looks like you know what you're doing. I'll be able to tell how good you are at GFX even more once I see the Bannedstory Banner you're making Cool. You seem to know your way around Maplestory and all the commands, also. However, being a "silent/quiet" type to people isn't good. You need to be talkative and a leader when you're GM. You need to take charge. If you're silent/quiet then you won't be able to take charge easily. People might even take advantage of you if you're quiet. Being a jerk jokingly is fine, but remember to just not take it over the top. Not all people have a good sense of humor and will report you for being abusive to them. You need to treat the players nicely, unless they're breaking rules. When they break a rule you can't be your silent self. You need to talk more aggresively and make sure they don't do it again. Attracting people isn't all that's good in a sever. Of course we want to attract as many people as possible and make sure we're #1 and as popular as possible. However, we need to make sure the server itself is well-kept, too. Hackers need to be stopped, trollers need to be jailed, people need to be helped, and occasionally you need to entertain the people.

All in All,
Good luck!

As I said in the app, I could be silent or quiet same thing. But it's rarely for now because I've been on this server for quite a while so it'd be hard to be silent so don't worry about that. When I joke around I know when to stop, I've met a few people with no sense of humor at all and they just get offended right away but I know when to stop. And trust me I can be bitchy when I want, but I probably won't do that..

Stephy
GameMaster.

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : SGV.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/juststephy

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Liam on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:43 am

Had to critique, I'm supposed to criticize every application<3.
Good job though. I think you'd do good.
avatar
Liam
GameMaster.

Posts : 68
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Playboy Mansion, ujellin`?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Stephy on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am

Liam wrote:Had to critique, I'm supposed to criticize every application<3.
Good job though. I think you'd do good.

Well, thanks dood.
keep criticizing apps, there's more for you ;3

Stephy
GameMaster.

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : SGV.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/juststephy

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Annie; on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Stephyy !

This app was pretty detailed to me, but could go further.
For your experience, didn't you open " FondleMS "?

And as Liam said,
you didn't make excuses, which is good.
avatar
Annie;
Royalty, bby♥.

Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : In your nightmares.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/iHoeify

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Stephy on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Annie; wrote:Stephyy !

This app was pretty detailed to me, but could go further.
For your experience, didn't you open " FondleMS "?

And as Liam said,
you didn't make excuses, which is good.

The application seemed like it had enough information to me. If I were to add more information then needed it would just be a page of nonsense with nothing related to the application just babbling on about the same topic but in a different way. Hope you understand and Fondle wasn't much of a success so i decided not to add that in there.

Stephy
GameMaster.

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : SGV.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/juststephy

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Eunsol on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 am

Like Liam mentioned, your application is short and simple. Since I already know you and all, it can be seen how your description of yourself can be misleading since it's brief. I'm also human proof of knowing that you were a GM on MusicStory as well. But anyway, you could write the descriptions of the current GMs since you know more than half of us. You do have most of the characteristics and all, but you could communicate with more people. You talk to the same people.
What positive effects can you provide if you were a GM? The ones you mentioned can be done without being a GM, you know.<3
avatar
Eunsol
Co-Owner.

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Stephy on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Eunsol wrote:
Like Liam mentioned, your application is short and simple. Since I already know you and all, it can be seen how your description of yourself can be misleading since it's brief. I'm also human proof of knowing that you were a GM on MusicStory as well. But anyway, you could write the descriptions of the current GMs since you know more than half of us. You do have most of the characteristics and all, but you could communicate with more people. You talk to the same people.
What positive effects can you provide if you were a GM? The ones you mentioned can be done without being a GM, you know.<3

I know I tend to talk to the same people but then again I talk with others from time to time. Thanks for the input, I've edited and added some things

Stephy
GameMaster.

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : SGV.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/juststephy

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Tamara on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 am

Accepted.

__________________
If I could be who you wanted, all the time.

Thanks Ant.
avatar
Tamara
Owner.

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-06-28
Age : 25
Location : Walking after you.

View user profile http://doodlestory.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GM/GFX "GODDESS" Application] Steph: Captain

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum