Staff Application Format;

Go down

Staff Application Format;

Post by Tamara on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

In order to apply for a position on our team, please fill out the following format and make a new thread, with your answers.

IMPORTANT: Provide proof for having been GM on other servers, otherwise don't even mention it. It's not that important.

Play the server for at least a week, and have ten posts before posting your application. Do not post random stuff in threads for your shits&giggles. Also, do not beg for people to read your application. If it really is as good as you advertise it to be, people will be drawn to it. If you're going to post in a GM application or Ban Appeal, make sure it's something "useful". Repeatedly saying, "Good luck!" doesn't do anything. Criticize their application so that they can improve on it. From now on, any posts not pertaining to this rule will be deleted.

A few pointers: As I'm the one choosing the GMs, I'd like to say that I don't really care about how much experience you have, it's more about trust-worthiness and responsibility. If your first post on the forums, and your only, is a staff application, that doesn't so much dedication to the server - it just shows you're an opportunist who wants a position as GM. Also - a few people have also been caught copying and pasting other people's applications from other servers. Don't do this. It won't be very good for your reputation. As far as location and age go, I don't discriminate based on this, as long as you prove your value.

Name:

IGN:

Timezone:

Position being applied for: "Head-GM, Graphics, etc" Please note that if the position is not open, you will likely not be getting that position.

Experience: Provide proof with a screenshot.

Tell us about yourself: Your background, etc, anything you're willing to share with us. Let's us know you a little better, on a personal level.

Contact Info: Email, etc.

In your opinion, what is the ideal GM?

How are you unique?

How do you think DoodleStory could improve?

What do you think about the current GMs?

During what times of the day will you be online?

How long have you played DoodleStory?

How will you have a positive effect on the server?

Why did you apply?

What characteristics do you possess that make you a good GM?

To prove you are human, when Littlefoot's mother died in the original `Land Before Time', did you feel sad?

Anything else you'd like to add:

*Not following this format may contribute negatively to your chances of being chosen; however, if your own format is more original + detailed, that is acceptable.

Thanks Ant.
Tamara
Owner.

View user profile http://doodlestory.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Application Format;

Post by Will-c on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 am

You don't really have to read it, i was just bored and got a little suggestion thats why i wrote a big ass paragraph for it -.- hahaa

A little suggestion to what you wrote before the app format
Don't let people know what you're looking for or that "I don't really care about how much experience you have". If they're actually qualify for the position or actually know what they're doing, they would know. The applications should be showing you the characteristics of the person and if they're actually mature, (For me, people who write a long ass paragraph for each questions are either kiss-ups or copy n paste.) like if someone ask things like "what are the qualifications to be a GM", If they're qualify for it, they would know. Giving them directions is basicly giving them a way to impress you.
Anyways, if you don't let them know what you're looking for, they'll show you what they think is most important, thus let you know if they are actually good to be gm.

Lol i probably said too much here and got a bit off topic or 'said all the obvious'

To shorten all that,
basicly if you let a guy know what you're looking for in a guy, they'll change themself just to get to you. Which is faking, no one can wear a mask for so long.

Will-c
Lurkin' the forum.

View user profile

Back to top Go down